Call for Submissions
The Canadian Jewish Literary Awards will again acknowledge excellence in writing on Jewish themes and subjects by Canadian authors.
The 2018 awards program will accept submissions of books on Jewish subjects or with significant Jewish content published between May 1, 2017 and May 31, 2018.
The submission deadline is May 31, 2018.
Last year more than 60 submissions were received from Canadian publishers. Some of the books recognized by the Canadian Jewish Literary Awards have gone on to receive other major awards, including a Governor General’s Literary Award for My Shoes Are Killing Me by Robyn Sarah, and a National Jewish Book Award in the United States for Birth, Sex and Abuse: Women's Voices Under Nazi Rule by Beverley Chalmers.
For more information see the Submission Criteria and the Award Categories below or contact: Edward Trapunski, Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We invite you to submit any books on a Jewish theme or on a Jewish topic by a Canadian author. The prizes will continue the tradition of recognizing the best books on Jewish subjects by Canadian authors, who need not themselves be Jewish.
- Books written on subjects with Jewish themes or with significant Jewish content
- Books written by Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada
- Books written in English or French
- Books published between May 1, 2017 and May 31, 2018
- Books with a 13 digit ISBN, including E-books
- Books with Jewish content written by non-Jewish authors are eligible
- Graphic books are eligible
- Previously submitted titles, new translations (except from Yiddish) and reissues are not eligible.
How to Submit
- Five copies of each book.
- For E-Books: Three free downloads and two hard copies.
- Completed submission form 2018.
- $40 entry fee per title submitted.
Cheques should be made out to:
"York University – Koschitzky Centre for Jewish Studies"
and mailed along with copies of your books to:
The Canadian Jewish Literary Awards
Koschitzky Centre for Jewish Studies
763 Kaneff Tower, York University,
4700 Keele Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3J 1P3
Early submission is encouraged and appreciated!